Reminder of Our Wonderful Mission!

One of my favorite thinggs to do at camp is to give tours. Most of the people that want a tour have not been to camp before. So as we are walking around, and I hear their comments, I can see camp again for the first time, through their eyes. One Saturday near the end of our last year at camp, we got a call on the camp phone. It was about 4 o'clock. We had been home long enough to have a nap. He said he had come to camp, hoping for a tour. I told him we had all left but I could pull up his reservation and give him a walking phone tour of camp. I was hoping he was in Hanson which is at the bottom on the hill. Nope, he was in Jerusalem and Zarahemla and also had the lodge. I told him it was at the top but he didn't mind. As he is walking up the hill at about Cummings and Hope he comments on how much shade we have. Then he enters Jerusalem and is impressed by how big it is. He crosses over to Zarahemla. I tell him to let me know when he gets to the parking lot on the other side because I want him to go to the bell. He says I'm almost to the bell. "When you get there, turn around and see the valley view." He says, "I can already tell it's going to be beautiful." He walks around the lodge and looks in the windows. Then he crosses the lawn and checks out the pool. Then he starts back down the hill. He says with so much enthusaism, "Oh Sister, what a wonderful mission you've had! What beauitiful memories you'll have!" He was absoutely right!

Comments